My Family History Blog!

http://jadihancockfamilyhistory.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Colorado!

2:00 am Monday morning last week Shiloh, Megan, Brian and I started heading to Colorado. The trip was long and tiring, but I absolutely loved getting there and being with my whole family! It had been 9 months since I had been home. We don't get to spend a lot of time all together, so it was nice. I had been wanting to go camping with the family and with grandma and grandpa for a long time now, and that was in our plans! I will never forget camping and riding horses in the mountains when I was growing up, and I wanted to relive those days as well as let Brian experience what I was blessed with.

It rained and stormed while we were there, which is a blessing because it has been so dry this year.

I can't take credit for this picture...I did not take it but it was taken on my camera! :)

Hillary got wet!

Brian & I riding Pilgrim
Our camping area--Fox Creek



Arrowhead hunting
It is fun to look for pieces of flint and arrowheads that the Indians made years and years ago. I have a few childhood memories of doing this with my grandparents. As it rains or the wind blows, it uncovers a lot of their arrowheads. My grandma did find a whole arrowhead that only had the very tip broken off. She gave it to me!

Arrowhead

Riding at Fox Creek


Hillary, Shiloh, grandma, grandpa & dad

My dad cooking hamburgers over the campfire!

Sitting around the campfire

We camped for two nights, and then we hurried home so I could go to my friend's wedding. We got home 1 1/2 hours before her wedding started. It was so good to see all of my high school friends. It was pretty much a high school reunion! Congrats Danielle & Levi!


1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm super jealous. hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete