It was nice to finally relax and get in the Christmas spirit when we got to Utah. On Christmas Eve, Brian and I walked around Temple Square and looked at all the lights. I can't believe it has been nearly 1 1/2 years since we got married at that very place. It is always special to go back. There isn't a better place to get you in the Christmas spirit with the lights, music, nativities, and the Spirit.

After Temple Square, we stopped by Olive Garden and got our favorite meal to take back to Brian's mom's house and watch a Christmas movie.
Christmas morning we read 3 Nephi chapter 11. We had just read the Christmas story a couple days before, so we decided to read something else where Christ testifies of himself. It was special as we read and felt the spirit. We have a tradition that we start a thankful box Thanksgiving Day. Every day (or however many days you want) starting with Thanksgiving Day, you write one thing that you are thankful for up until Christmas. Then Christmas morning before the presents, we read everything that is in our thankful box. After that, we opened our presents that we gave to each other. Then we went downstairs and waited for Brian's sisters to come with their families and we exchanged more presents. It was so fun watching our three little neices!
After that we went and saw Brian's dad and Patty. We exchanged more presents there, and part of our present was to go skiing for a whole day. The Wednesday after Christmas we went skiing, which was only my second time, and I had a blast! However Brian got sick that day. The next morning after neither one of us slept, he still had the chills and fever, and I woke up with snow blindness. We went back to Rexburg that day, which was a long trip but thank goodness we picked Hillary up at the Salt Lake airport so she was able to drive.
I had snowblindness for about five days, and Brian was pretty sick for the same five days. We were a mess, but I knew we would look back on it and laugh. For New Years Eve we stayed home. Brian watched three movies until midnight while I listened to them while my eyes were stuck shut. We are better now, but it is back to school for me!
Christmas morning we read 3 Nephi chapter 11. We had just read the Christmas story a couple days before, so we decided to read something else where Christ testifies of himself. It was special as we read and felt the spirit. We have a tradition that we start a thankful box Thanksgiving Day. Every day (or however many days you want) starting with Thanksgiving Day, you write one thing that you are thankful for up until Christmas. Then Christmas morning before the presents, we read everything that is in our thankful box. After that, we opened our presents that we gave to each other. Then we went downstairs and waited for Brian's sisters to come with their families and we exchanged more presents. It was so fun watching our three little neices!
After that we went and saw Brian's dad and Patty. We exchanged more presents there, and part of our present was to go skiing for a whole day. The Wednesday after Christmas we went skiing, which was only my second time, and I had a blast! However Brian got sick that day. The next morning after neither one of us slept, he still had the chills and fever, and I woke up with snow blindness. We went back to Rexburg that day, which was a long trip but thank goodness we picked Hillary up at the Salt Lake airport so she was able to drive.
I had snowblindness for about five days, and Brian was pretty sick for the same five days. We were a mess, but I knew we would look back on it and laugh. For New Years Eve we stayed home. Brian watched three movies until midnight while I listened to them while my eyes were stuck shut. We are better now, but it is back to school for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment