My Family History Blog!

http://jadihancockfamilyhistory.blogspot.com

Monday, August 16, 2010

First Two Months

Brian and I went on our honeymoon to Orlando Florida and stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort. Everything was perfect, and that was thanks to my aunt Lori!



For the first five weeks Brian and I lived with my parents in Colorado. Brian went to work with my dad every day and I worked with Piano Marvel from home. It was a great time for Brian and my parents to get to know each other.

The biggest pain I had to go through was changing my name on my social security and driver's license. The first day I went, I waited at the social security office for 1 1/2 hours, and it turns out I needed to get it changed on my driver's license first. I was bummed, especially when I drove to the dmv and found it had moved to another location, and by this time I was late.

The next day I was sick with the dreaded swine flu, which I am sure I caught while trying to change my name, which I did not even accomplish until a few days later. :( I had never been that sick! For a week it felt like a horrible cold, and I had no energy. That weekend Brian and I went camping at the Sand Dunes National Park. We climbed to the highest peak we could find. When we got back home, everything caught up with me and knocked me off my feet. For the next week or so I had a fever that reached up to 104 degrees and I slept up to 17 hours a day and was still exhausted. I didn't have an appetite for food, which wasn't normal again for the next three weeks. Moral of the story...don't hike the sand dunes in the blistering heat with swine flu!!!

I was still not better when it was time for us to move back up to Rexburg. That was the longest 12 hour drive of my life! I was so excited to move into our new home together though!



Here we are...with no kitchen table, chairs, or desks, sitting on our "couch that never made it" going through gifts and things that mom and dad, and Brian's dad, Steve, and Patty gave us. We started out with next to nothing, but I believe we are the happiest couple in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are really happy, that's so great! Sorry about the swine flu though!

    ReplyDelete