My Family History Blog!

http://jadihancockfamilyhistory.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Love!

My brother Shiloh got married August 14, 2010 in the Bountiful temple to Megan Pugh. They met up at school, just like Brian and I did...and 80% of everyone else at BYU-IDo. I had the bright idea to make the wedding cake, and I've decided that next time I wouldn't have such a big idea.

I spent one day baking the cakes...which took nine cake mixes. You should have seen our freezer when I tried to squeeze all of them in there! The day before Shiloh and Megan got married Brian and I spent the day at Brian's mom's house and I decorated it. In all, it took nine cake mixes, 14 cans of frosting, and about 15-20 hours. I was just crossing my fingers that I would be able to transport it from Draper to Bountiful without a crisis.

Brian and I got to the Bountiful temple after dropping the cakes off at a church nearby...so far so good. Everything about the temple and sealing was beautiful! I have never learned so much in one sitting before, and it really gave me an eternal perspective. I was so happy for Shiloh and Megan!




After the wedding ceremony I went to set the cake up hoping it would turn out like I had planned in my mind. I hadn't practiced putting it all together before, so I was excited but nervous at the same time. Luckily, it all came together!








Our little family is growing!


1 comment:

  1. I was so sad I didn't get to go! I thought about flying up on Friday night for the reception and flying back on Saturday, but it turned out that I had to work instead. I really want to see you guys again, it's been way too long.

    ReplyDelete